Mission, Vision and Beliefs
Mission: Our Mission at Geer Park Elementary School, in partnership with families and the community, ensures students’ academic achievement by maintaining high expectations and recognizing different styles of learning. We will provide a safe and nurturing environment; we will foster long learners, productive citizens, and active members of the ever-changing global society.
Vision: Geer Park Elementary School is a dedicated learning community where children come first. All children & adults show learning and growth in a loving, caring, stimulating environment with strong parent and community involvement.
- We believe that children come first.
- We believe that the way to a student’s mind is through his/her heart.
- We believe that when parents are involved in their children’s education, students, teachers and parents all benefit.
- We believe in fostering a nurturing environment in which each child feels special and grows academically, emotionally, and physically.
- We believe that autonomous learning should be developed to enable children to resolve conflicts, make decisions, and identify and solve problems.
- We believe as we focus on our commonalities and build on our strengths, we grow to appreciate & respect differences and celebrate diversity.
- We believe that students must have equal opportunities to learn and choices about how to learn through differentiated instruction.
- We believe that all students will develop technological competence that will become a life long skill.